Forecast Sales in Salesforce Case Study
Client: Cartan Global
My company hired Christiano to assist in the implementation of key sales development and reporting intitatives. He has a very professional demeanor and I cannot say enough good things about him. He was truly phenomenal in his ability to understand, conceptualize, and implement key sales and marketing processes. He grasped the nature of our business immediately and consistently went the extra mile. I highly recommend Christiano for both consulting and business development opportunities.
- Jay Price, Managing Director of Sales and Marketing at Cartan Global
Story: Cartan Global is the exclusive provider of ticket and travel sales for Winter / Summer Olympic games and Fifa World Cup in 36 countries.
Challenge: Cartan Global required a method of accurate revenue forecast reporting across their sales division using Salesforce as their CRM system while automating quote creation within the sales process.
Journey: In order to provide reliable revenue forecasting on an on-going basis, we began with following research:
- Understand sales cycle
- Identify packaging option segragation
- Research algorithmic protocols variations
- Determine minimal data needed to assess forecast at per sale level
- Define sales and payment arrangement variations
Assessments: Following our research, we implemented the following changes within Salesforce to meet their needs:
- Created custom logic within Salesforce which auto-calculated and auto-segregated revenue into current and future collections
- Embedded categorical options within opportunities field as defined by the sales team
- Provided custom payment arrangement options including partial payments which helped conversion on larger opportunities by reducing client cash-flow impact
Results: Custom payment arrangement collection functionality was incorporated while automatically segregating revenue acquisition into current and future payments. This fed into an auto-generated report providing real-time forecasting insight to the entire team while maintaining complete data integrity.
Project Status: COMPLETE